Customer chooses a different shipping method than your store's Supertime method at checkout (local delivery, pickup, etc.) and handling when shipping methods differ or rescheduling dates
Supertime is designed to help you easily collect dates in your cart page, and we do not directly manage your shipping methods. Review this support article for more information on how Supertime works with your store's Shipping Rates, Setting Prices, Local Pickup, Local Delivery, or Delivery Methods.
However, it's possible to be in a scenario where your customers to choose a different shipping method than what they may have chosen in the cart as Supertime does not have the ability to integrate directly with the checkout process, which is only available to Shopify Plus users.
You may also have a scenario where a customer wants to reschedule, or change their delivery method (e.g. they are free to come pick up an order)
Recommended best practices:
- To start, ensure you have configured your store to provide order status and notifications. Often times if a customer is looking for rescheduling, confirmation of dates, etc. they'll be using your order status or notifications as a starting point. Review these articles for instructions on how to do this:
- If you are looking to update an order for Supertime details or shipping methods:
- If you are looking to update just Supertime attributes, review this article: Edit or Add Supertime attributes to my order
- There may also be scenarios where you may want to edit the order itself (link to Shopify Help)
- Note that if you are using the local pickup feature, then orders are not editable and you'll need to review the Draft Orders method
- You may want to recreate an order using the Draft Orders to make any changes where there are changes to the shipping method or rates (link to Shopify Help).