How do I import orders from a spreadsheet (.CSV)?
Need to add orders from outside of Shopify or orders that you are already delivering that you are tracking on a spreadsheet? Learn how to use our Import Orders feature to upload your these orders onto EasyRoutes. This feature requires either a EasyRoutes Pro+ or a Growth plan. Learn about how to change or upgrade your plan to get access.
1. To begin, click on the "Import CSV" button on the EasyRoutes Home Screen to start the import process.
2. Create your .CSV File
Next, you will need to upload a formatted .CSV file containing the deliveries that you wish to import.
To export a CSV from Google Sheets, follow these steps:
- Open the Google spreadsheet that contains the data that you want to export
- Click on the tab that has the data to be exported (CSV files only contain one spreadsheet tab)
- On the top toolbar, click "File". A drop-down menu will appear
- Click "Download", and another menu will appear
- Click "Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)"
To export a CSV from Microsoft Excel, follow these steps using the "Save As..." command:
- Go to File > Save As.
- Click Browse.
- In the Save As dialog box, under Save as type box, choose the text file format for the worksheet; for example, click Text (Tab delimited) or CSV (Comma delimited).
- Browse to the location where you want to save the new file, and then click Save.
If you need a fresh template, download this sample spreadsheet as a starting template for creating your orders list and exporting the needed .CSV file as per above.
If you are exporting your orders from another data-source, review your supporting documentation for how to create these .CSV files.
3. Upload your CSV File
Once you are ready, click on "Upload .CSV File", select and upload your formatted .CSV file:
4. Select Columns for Import
Once you have uploaded your spreadsheet, you'll need to map the columns on the next screen. You will see a screen where you can choose the import method, and a list of columns that you can import:
If you have your address stored in multiple columns in your CSV, then click on "Provide the address using multiple fields". You will see more address columns available for mapping to your spreadsheet:
For each of the fields, click on "Select a column" and map it to the appropriate column from your spreadsheet. You must map one column to the Delivery Address to proceed:
Once you have completed mapping. Click on Done.
Note: If you see an error, then your spreadsheet or .CSV file is not provided in the expected format that we have described above. If you need a fresh template, download this sample spreadsheet as a starting template for creating your orders list and exporting the needed .CSV file as per above. If your CSV is storing the address fields in multiple columns, then you must ensure you have mapped every column in the process above. To note, you must ensure that you are including the following in either method: Street Number and Name, Unit Number (if applicable), City, State/Province (if applicable), Country (e.g. 123 Main Street, San Francisco, CA, 94110, United States).
5. Review and confirm your Import
Click on Done to proceed when you are ready:
Your orders are now ready to be routed in the Home Screen:
If you are ready, you can click on Create New Route to make a route with these orders. Learn more about route creation here.