Change my date and time format by region using my theme’s language and region settings
Is your date format MM/DD/YYYY and you want it to be DD/MM/YYYY (or vice versa)? Are you looking to change your time format from 12h to 24h time?
Supertime uses your store theme's language settings to determine the correct date and time format for your region. Click here to review your store theme's language settings to make sure you have configured your language settings correctly. If your store is in English, please review step 4 to change your date format to dd/mm/yyyy.
Note: If the below setup steps do not work for your store, you can use our override option by selecting "Use the following region and language for determining date and time format:"
- Visit your Store Languages settings.
- In the Default language section click the "Change theme language" link.
- On the next page, select the correct language for your region from the drop-down menu.
- You may need to select "Other Languages" to find your region. For example, there are multiple English options to support multiple regions. The standard English setting on Shopify uses North American date/time formats (mm/dd/yyyy, 12-hour time). You may need to change to a region that shows date/time formats that suits your locale.
For example: Australian English will show a different date format (dd/mm/yyyy) to American English. If you only see one English option, click on "Other languages..." and then select English, and you will be able to select your region there.
5. Once you have selected your theme language and region, press Save.
Note: for email notifications, etc. you will need to review customizing your formatting for your liquid templates.